Mother and Son



Title-Mother and Son
Medium-Canvas on board
Size-10x12 Inches


Mother and son is a  bit bigger than my past few paintings, and it has been done on canvas ,stretched on board.Because I have recently been painting on smooth surfaces it took some time getting use to the texture.I think I prefer the smooth surface of the primed Masonite boards.I saw this mother and her son walking down the a dirt road in Maun,and so decided that it would make a great painting.

Some good news is that I made my first online sale through PayPal yesterday.So I will be posting (Last rays of the sun) to his new owners.I hope it will be the start of many more sales ,but I guess that will depend on whether I can produce smaller, good quality, and appealing art work on a regular basis.I will give it a try

 









      

Comments

dglenncasey said…
Very nice work.

I also like the smooth surfaces for some works and will use a gesso panel for that. But I always come back to my linen panels.

And congrats on your first sale. Here's to hoping you have many more.
hmuxo said…
Beautifully painted.
Kathleen said…
Beautiful scene! Congratulations on the sale! It's exciting to get that positive affirmation.:) I found online sales really increased after I joined Daily Paintworks.
Cindy McDonough said…
Congratulations on your sale! Although I am little sad, because I wanted to buy that one...
Roger Brown Art said…
Thank you all for visiting and taking the time to comment.Kathleen I am thinking of joining Daily Paintworks but am having some difficulty with PayPal in Botswana.I am able to send and receive payments on some sites but nor for others.As soon as I have sorted it out I will join Daily Paintworks.
I like this! I'm having the opposite problem though of having trouble adjusting to a too smooth surface!

Popular Posts