African Jacana

Title-African Jacana
Medium-Oil on Masonite Board
Size-6x8 Inches


The African Jacana is a beautiful bird that is found only around areas of water.Some  refer to this bird as a Jesus Bird, probably due to the fact that it looks as if it is walking on water.However unlike Jesus, this bird does not walk on water but rather on the large lily pads.The only reason it is able to do this, is due to its large feet which allows its weight to be distributed over a larger area, thereby allowing it to walk over water lily leaves without sinking.

Well my hope to complete 30 paintings this month seem to have just been a hope .So far I have done 21 paintings this month and will probably only manage another 3.Work has been hectic ,allowing me no time for any painting. Anyway I will not let that get me down since at the start of this month I had only planned to paint a painting a day for one week ,until I stumbled across lesliesaeta.blogspot.com and her challenge of 30 paintings in 30 days.

I have had great fun painting almost every day,and now look forward to focusing on some larger and more detailed work for an upcoming exhibit later this year ,but more of that later.Since there is still a few days left of the challenge I will post a daily painting for each.

Comments

Lovely painting Roger...nice soft colors and great brushstrokes! I have found the 30 day challenge to be a bit hectic at times too! It has been a good thing for me to do, but I want to paint a few larger ones and do more drawing!
Roger Brown Art said…
Thanks Karen,yes I already have a couple of good ideas for some larger works and look forward to starting.
Mike Moyers said…
Hey Roger, We both painted waterfowl for today's paintings. I like your's better. Great color and values. Blessings!
Micaela said…
its very pretty. i like th lighting. :)
hmuxo said…
REALLY beautiful!!!
Jerry Stocks said…
Love this painting, and I received my yellow umbrella painting. It is soooo beautiful. Thank you for painting it.
Unknown said…
I love the movement you have in this painting. I love the perspective of the foot in addition to the great colors you have used.
Susan Klabak said…
went to Leslie's blog to enter my painting but didn't get past looking at your entry for today. Had to click on it to see it better. You are a very gifted artist, keep up the great work!
Roger Brown Art said…
Thank you all for visiting and leaving such constructive comments.

Jerry I am glad that you received your painting in one piece,and I still hope to do some more paintings similar to the yellow umbrella.

Popular Posts